PriorBooking values your data and believe that it is your right to have total transparency and control on how we use it. We are committed to protecting your personal information. To do so, we have implemented security safeguards and strong data privacy.
This policy explains what data we collect, how we use it and what safeguards we have in place in order to protect it. We have tried to make this easy to understand, however, if you require more information or have any concerns, please use the contact details provided in the relevant section below.
When an update is required, we will overwrite/add additional information onto this page for your benefit. We recommend that you return to this page regularly to keep up to date on any changes. A timestamp of the last update will be visible at the bottom of the page.
Information we may collect from you
1. We may collect and process the following information
- Information that you provide to us. This can be collected when you fill in forms on Priorbooking.com, including when you create an account. As well as requesting help and/or enquiring through direct email communication.
- Your Name
- Your Address
- Email address and phone number
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and of the fulfilment of your orders
- Other information regarding your visit to our website. We may automatically collect details of your visit, which includes but is not limited to: traffic data, location data and other communication data. We may also collect information about your computer, including IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration. We may also collect details of the resources you access on our website
2. When purchasing a ticket or hosting an event, you will be asked for financial details such as credit / debit card information. The processing of these payments is carried out by a third party (Stripe) and on a separate secure server. We do not store any credit or debit card information on our servers.
How we use your personal information and under what basis
1. For the performance of our contract with you
We will use your information when you enter into a contract with us (for example when you buy a ticket) this is so we can:
- Process your order
- Take payment
- Provide you with customer support
2. For our legitimate business interest
- To send you customer service emails that include booking confirmations, event reminders and updates and automated ticket delivery.
- To ensure the security of our and our event organisers operations
- To conduct market research and analysis which helps us improve and customise our products and services
- For our marketing purposes, unless your consent is required
- To prevent or detect unlawful behaviour & to protect or enforce our legal rights or as otherwise permitted by law. For example, to ensure that tickets are obtained by real people.
Who we share your data with and why
- Our third-party service providers (sometimes known as data processors) such as cloud computing providers who provide the IT infrastructure on which our systems are built
- We may share your information with our event organisers where necessary. This is so that they can run the event and for other reasons described in their privacy policies. Once a ticket has been purchased, the event organisers name and contact information will always be visible on the event.
- If you buy or sell tickets using our platform, we may disclose your information to the buyer or seller (as applicable). This is to ensure you get the ticket you have brought or payment for the ticket you have sold.
- Government agencies or other authorised bodies where permitted or required by law.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under GDPR:
- The right to access any of the personal data we hold about you
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data
- The right to amend and rectify any personal data we hold that is incorrect or out of date
- The right to prevent the processing of your personal data
- The right to be forgotten. This refers to asking us to delete any personal data we hold and store about you. Whilst we only hold your personal data for the limited time it is of relevance and needed, you have the right to ask us to delete it sooner. To do this, you can contact us on the email provided above
- The right to data portability. This is when you obtain a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation
- The right to object to us using any of your data for a specific purpose.
- The right to contest any automated decision we make about you. An automated decision is a decision taken without any human intervention. We do not typically carry out automated decision making. If we do, we will make it explicitly clear when such a decision is being made.
Protecting and securing your information
We have Security measures in place to protect your information and personal data.
We only keep your information for as long as it is required to provide you with the services you request for the purposes outlines in this policy. As well for any legal purposes for which we are obliged to keep the information. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer required for these purposes.
We have ensured your connection to our website is secure. Only those authorised have access to the information collected by the website. This is then locked via secure passwords. PriorBooking will not use your contact details for any marketing activities. Similarly, we do not sell customer contact details to any Third Parties
As we are acting as a hosting platform for event organisers, your contact details and booking information will be made available to the event organiser (when required) as part of the booking of your selected event. The event organiser may use this information to:
- Manage ticketing for the event
- Facilitate ticket pick-up
- Dispute resolution
- Customer Service
The event organiser is responsible for their own compliance with GDPR and you agree that PriorBooking is not responsible for the actions of the event organiser in regard to your personal data.
How to make a complaint
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed by ticket source, you may contact our support admin team using firstname.lastname@example.org or you can write to us on the address: Prior Booking Ltd, 2nd Floor Royal Buildings, Derby, Derbyshire, DE1 1ES.